Easter intersection work
12 April, 2017
CBD and South East Light Rail construction crews will be hard at work over the Easter holiday period, with essential intersection work taking place across the city and South East.
Traffic changes will be in place between 10pm Thursday 13 April until 5am Tuesday 18 April.
See the maps (right) for details of the traffic changes and detours.
Bridge, George and Grosvenor streets (10pm Thursday 13 April until 5am Tuesday 18 April)
- No northbound or southbound general traffic access on George Street between Hunter and Alfred Streets. No east or westbound general traffic access through the George Street, Bridge Street, Grosvenor Street intersection. Eastbound traffic will be detoured from the Sydney Harbour Bridge off-ramp to King Street.Westbound traffic will be detoured from Bridge Street to Hunter Street.
Liverpool and George streets (10pm Thursday 13 April until 5am Tuesday 18 April)
- George Street will be closed to all traffic between Goulburn and Bathurst Streets. One westbound lane will be maintained on Liverpool Street at the George Street intersection. Right turn into Goulburn Street from George Street will be temporarily permitted.
Elizabeth and Devonshire streets (10pm Thursday 13 April until 5am Tuesday 18 April)
- One southbound lane will be maintained on Elizabeth Street at the Devonshire Street intersection.
South Dowling Street (10pm Thursday 13 April until 5am Tuesday 18 April)
- There will be southbound lane closures in place during the day, with full northbound and southbound closures at night.
Anzac Parade and Todman Avenue (9pm Saturday 8 April to midnight Monday 24 April)
- The right turn lane from Anzac Parade northbound into Todman Avenue eastbound will be closed. Right turn will be permitted from Anzac Parade northbound into Doncaster Avenue eastbound. Todman Avenue will be closed westbound between Doncaster Avenue and Anzac Parade (local access will be permitted under traffic control). There will be changed lane arrangements on Todman Avenue eastbound approaching Anzac Parade. Cyclists travelling from east to west will be required to follow the general traffic detour along Doncaster Avenue or the cyclist detour via Bowral Street, across Anzac Parade and Duke Street.
Anzac Parade / High Street intersection (8pm Saturday 15 April to midnight Monday 24 April 2017)
- The right turns from High Street into Anzac Parade and Anzac Parade into High Street will be prohibited. High Street will be closed at Wansey Road for all westbound traffic:Citybound traffic from the eastern end of High Street will be detoured via Wansey Road, which will temporarily run one-way from High Street to Alison Road. The westbound detour will be via Botany and Barker Streets or Wansey and Alison Roads. Cyclists can continue to travel along Anzac Parade with other traffic and will have to dismount while sharing the path with pedestrians. Cyclists are recommended to use detours away from Anzac Parade, especially in the areas where construction has started.
It's your city. Know what changes are taking place.