CBD & South East Light Rail
The new CBD and South East Light Rail will transform public transport in Sydney, providing high capacity, clean and reliable services. The light rail will extend from Circular Quay along George Street to Central Station, through Surry Hills to Moore Park, then to Randwick and Kingsford via Anzac Parade and Alison Road.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Major construction started on the CBD and South East Light Rail in October 2015. Work is now underway across the Sydney CBD, Surry Hills, Moore Park, Randwick and Kensington. Construction will be completed and services will start running in 2019.
View the CBD and South East Light Rail construction schedule for information about light rail work in your area.
- High frequency ‘turn up and go’ light rail services operating up to every four minutes in the peak.
- Reliable and high-capacity services.
- Additional special event services between Central and the Moore Park and Alison Road stops.
- A one-kilometre pedestrian zone along George Street, between Hunter and Bathurst streets, providing new opportunities for outdoor dining, creative spaces and entertainment.
- A fleet of electric-powered light rail vehicles with air conditioning and accessible low-floor design.