The first phase of Wynyard Station upgrade, completed in September 2016, included:
- New lighting, tiling and signage;
- A wider concourse;
- Additional ticket gates;
- Less clutter on the concourse and platforms.
The second phase of the upgrade is due for completion in late 2017 and includes:
- Platform ventilation and heat relief system trials;
- Refurbishment of the York Street entrance (Exit 3);
- Upgrade of the York Street escalators;
- New lift access between York Street and the concourse (Exit 3).
From January, the York Street entrance to Wynyard Station will be temporarily closed while the lobby is refurbished. Alternative access is available via Clarence Street (Exit 4), Wynyard Park and Carrington Street (Exit 1).
town hall station
The Town Hall Station upgrade is expected to be completed early 2017 and includes:
- New tiling and ceiling in the concourse area;
- Improved lighting with new energy efficient LEDs;
- Improved staircases to all platforms;
- Reduced clutter by opening up the concourse and adding ticket gates;
- Replacement of two wooden escalators to improve safety and reliability;
- Ventilation improvements to the concourse.
Major construction on Museum Station was completed in 2016. Work included:
- A new lift connecting the entry of the station on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool streets and the underground station concourse;
- Two new lifts connecting the station concourse with the platforms;
- An accessible ramp at the station entrance;
- A new family accessible toilet;
- Refurbished toilets within the concourse.