CBD & South East Light Rail
The new CBD and South East Light Rail is transforming public transport in Sydney, providing high capacity, clean and reliable services. The L2 Randwick Line extends from Circular Quay along George Street to Central Station, through Surry Hills to Moore Park, then to Randwick and Kingsford via Anzac Parade and Alison Road. The L3 Kingsford Line also extends from Circular Quay, branching from Moore Park through Kensington to Kingsford.
ABOUT CBD AND SOUTH EAST LIGHT RAIL
The CBD and South East Light Rail is a new light rail network for Sydney, with passenger services now operating on both the L2 Randwick Line and L3 Kingsford Line.
The 12km route features 19 stops, extending from Circular Quay along George Street to Central Station, through Surry Hills to Moore Park, then to Kensington and Kingsford via Anzac Parade and Randwick via Alison Road and High Street.
Sydney Light Rail plays a key role in enabling Sydney’s transport future by transporting thousands of customers between Sydney’s Inner West suburbs and Central, and between the CBD and Randwick or Kingsford in the South Eastern suburbs. The Sydney Light Rail network incorporates:
- The Inner West Light Rail network, currently operating in both directions as L1 Dulwich Hill Line between Central Station and Dulwich Hill in Sydney’s West;
- The CBD & South East Light Rail network, comprising of:
- L2 Randwick Line running in both directions between Circular Quay and Randwick via Central Station; and
- L3 Kingsford Line operating in both directions between Circular Quay and Juniors Kingsford via Central Station.
A combined bus and light rail network will significantly improve public transport access to health precincts in Randwick, University of NSW, TAFE and major sporting and entertainment facilities at Moore Park and Randwick. Additional light rail services will provide extra capacity for major events.
Go to www.transportnsw.info to plan your trip.
- Regular services running every 4-8 minutes between Circular Quay and Moore Park, and every 8-12 minutes between Moore Park and Randwick and Kingsford in the 7am-7pm peak on weekdays.
- Provides public transport to important health precincts for workers and the community.
- Operates seven days a week, 5am through to 1am (next day).