CBD & South East Light Rail
The new CBD and South East Light Rail will transform public transport in Sydney, providing high capacity, clean and reliable services. The light rail will extend from Circular Quay along George Street to Central Station, through Surry Hills to Moore Park, then to Randwick and Kingsford via Anzac Parade and Alison Road.
ABOUT CBD AND SOUTH EAST LIGHT RAIL
The CBD and South East Light Rail is a new light rail network for Sydney, with passenger services now operating on the L2 Randwick Line between Circular Quay and Randwick.
The L3 Kingsford Line is on track to open in March 2020, adding services between Moore Park and Kingsford at Nine Ways.
The 12km route features 19 stops, extending from Circular Quay along George Street to Central Station, through Surry Hills to Moore Park, then to Kensington and Kingsford via Anzac Parade and Randwick via Alison Road and High Street.
Sydney Light Rail plays a key role in enabling Sydney’s transport future by transporting thousands of customers between Sydney’s Inner West suburbs and Central, and between the CBD and Randwick or Kingsford in the South Eastern suburbs. The Sydney Light Rail network incorporates:
- The Inner West Light Rail network, currently operating in both directions as L1 Dulwich Hill Line between Central Station and Dulwich Hill in Sydney’s West;
- The CBD & South East Light Rail network, comprising of:
- L2 Randwick Line running in both directions between Circular Quay and Randwick via Central Station; and
- L3 Kingsford Line operating in both directions between Circular Quay and Juniors Kingsford via Central Station (opening March 2020).
A combined bus and light rail network will significantly improve public transport access to major sporting and entertainment facilities at Moore Park and Randwick along with the University of NSW, TAFE and health precincts. Additional light rail services will provide extra capacity for major events.
Go to www.transportnsw.info to plan your trip.
- High frequency turn-up-and-go service, initially running every 4-8 minutes between Circular Quay and Central, and every 8-12 minutes between Central and Randwick in the 7am-7pm peak on week days.
- Reliable and high-capacity services.
- Additional special event services between Central and the Moore Park and Royal Randwick stops.