Wynyard Walk is a new pedestrian link connecting Wynyard Station with Barangaroo. The fully accessible walkway allows pedestrians to get from Wynyard to the Barangaroo waterfront in approximately six minutes, avoiding steep inclines and road crossings. It opened in mid-September 2016.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Opened in September 2016, Wynyard Walk is fully accessible, with escalators and lifts between Wynyard Station Exit 4 and the tunnel level, and between the tunnel and exits to Sussex and Kent Streets. The Barangaroo entrance to the tunnel is located at Napoleon Plaza, on the corner of Napoleon, Kent and Margaret streets. The Clarence Street entrance, providing an accessible entrance into Wynyard Station, Wynyard Walk tunnel and Kent Street tunnel, opened in December 2016.
- A new underground pedestrian link from Wynyard Station to the intersection of Kent and Napoleon streets.
- A new public plaza at the intersection of Kent and Napoleon streets that will include landscaping, street furniture and lighting.
- A pedestrian bridge over Sussex Street, with lifts and escalators connecting to the Barangaroo development.
- Increased capacity and a safe and accessible route for pedestrians travelling between Wynyard Station and Barangaroo and the city’s western waterfront.
- A new western entrance to Wynyard Station on Clarence Street, providing direct access to Wynyard Walk and the station concourse.